I can say without shame or guilt, that potatoes are my favourite vegetable. Potatoes get quite a lot of mention being high in carbs and not necessarily the best thing you’d want to eat if you want to maintain a healthy lifetstyle. You’ll be told eat fewer carbs, i.e potatoes. But these chunky baked chips are just what you need when you want to avoid eating traditional fries. A little crispy on the outside and loaded with so much flavour, you’d be coming back to these again and again.
These healthy chunky baked chips are super easy to make, don’t need to many ingredients, don’t need the hassle of frying or even an air fryer. Simply chop the spuds, gather your favourite seasoning and toss into the oven. It is the perfect snack, or side that you enjoy guilt free.
I tend to make these chunky baked chips to go alongside baked my Tandoori Salmon by changing the seasoning to incorporate Curry powder and paprika instead of rosemary and thyme. The combination has always been such a big hit. You could also replace the spuds with sweet potato and use the same seasoning. Works a treat. What seasoning would you like to experiment with, leave a comment? Serve alongside my Tandoori Salmon.
|Prep Time||7 mins|
|Cook Time||25 mins|
- 3 medium potatoes washed and cut into wedges
- 3-4 cloves garlic peeled and bashed
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp smoke paprika Alternatively use plain paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper Alternatively use Kashmiri red chilli powder or plain red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tso black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- Wash, peel and cut the potatoes into wedges. Try and keep equal dimensions on the cuts so that they cook uniformly.
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Toss the potato wedges onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Throw in the seasoning - bashed garlic, dried rosemary, dried thyme, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, black pepper powder, sea salt and olive oil.
- Then bring everything together with and ensure the olive oil and seasoning covers all the wedges.
- Bake the potato wedges for 25 mins, until the wedges are brown and look crispy.
- Serve hot.