Soaking the Sabudana/Tapioca pearls
- Rinse sabudana pearls in water.
- Then, soak 1 cup of sabudana pearls in 1 cup of water overnight for best results.
- Next day, check the pearls. They should easily squish when squeezed.
- Add a little sugar, salt to season and some of the crushed peanuts. Set aside.
Roasted crushed peanuts
- Roast peanuts on a low flame in a wide pan.
- Once the peanuts are nicely roasted, cool them before coarsely grinding to a powder.
To make the Sabudana Khichdi
- Heat oil In a wide bottomed pan.
- When the oil is hot, add the cumin seeds, chopped green chillies and curry leaves. Roast till aromatic.
- Next add the potato pieces, and season.
- Shut the lid and cook the potatoes until soft.
- Now tip in the soaked sabudana/tapioca pearls. Mix well and cook until the tapioca pearls turn translucent.
- Remember not to overcook, as the sabudana can get very sticky.
- Serve hot with sweetened garlic and some crushed peanuts.